11 Feb LinkedIn Recommendations
LinkedIn Recommendations is an extremely valuable tool for business professionals. Consider your LinkedIn recommendations to be job references that are publicly available to anyone that is interested in doing business with you.
So it stands to reason that you would like to receive as many LinkedIn Recommendations as possible. And, if it’s important to you to have a robust LinkedIn Profile, then you want to encourage those with whom you do business to write recommendations. How do you do this? Well, of course, you could ask for the recommendation. Or…you could give a recommendation first, and then chances are you will receive one back.
How to write a LinkedIn recommendation: Always remember that the recommendation should be genuine and heartfelt. You might start it by describing your relationship, and then detail the highlights or strengths of the person being recommended, then perhaps recounting a short story that demonstrates success.
How to place a LinkedIn recommendation:
- Go to www.LinkedIn.com and sign in to your profile.
- Type your connection’s name in search box.
- Click on connection’s profile.
- Scroll down to “Recommendations” block. Click on “Recommend ________.”
- This takes you to “Manage recommendations that you’ve sent.”
- Scroll to bottom of that page.
- There is a blue box “Make a Recommendation.”
- Choose the option that best describes your relationship. Click continue.
- Fill out the recommendation form following the guidelines above and send. The person you are recommending will be sent the draft to review. That person can then decide whether it is published or not.
So, get started making those invaluable LinkedIn recommendations! Give first, share always, and the world is a better place.
by Dale Dillon