This is the most recent of Gary Vaynerchuk’s three books about social media. It is definitely a worthwhile read and is full of great examples of effective posting. Our Business Book Club recently selected this book. Study and Discussion Guide is below.
1) Why did Gary choose this title? Explain the metaphor?(page xv)
2) What is your #1 job? (page xix)
3) What does Gary mean by “strategic storytelling?”
4) What is Gary’s definition of “great marketing?” (page 6)
5) What does he mean when says, “Don’t be a snob.” (page 10)
6) What are the 3 characteristics of “perfect right hooks?” (page 14)
7) In the Facebook section, what do you think of Nabisco’s Oreo strategy during the Super Bowl? Why did it work? How would you be able to do that with your brand? (page 26)
8) In looking at the real-life examples of Facebook posts, what are the most common hints for improving them? (page 82)
9) What is the power behind Twitter’s “trend-jacking?” Can you explain how to use topics or trending hashtags to extend your brand’s reach? (page 90)
10) Why do small business owners have an advantage on Twitter? (page 94)
11) What are the unique nuances and subtleties of
e) Google Plus
12) What is the “great equalizer?” (page 178)
13) What is your biggest take-away from this book?